Saturday, May 5, 2012

7 Months!!

Wow, time is flying by!! I am now 27 weeks and completely smitten by this little guy growing inside of me. Everyday his kicks seem to get stronger and he just wants to make sure Nic and I know that he's having fun in there!! Last night I was laying in bed and I was rubbing my tummy like the magic bottle from Aladdin (which I seem to do a lot now :) and I realized that sticking out beneath my rib was a little foot. No joke, Nic and I could feel the shape of a little foot relaxing inside of me. It's one of the coolest/weirdest feelings in the world! We're SO excited for our little man to join our family and for some reason, even though my belly gets bigger every day, it still kind of feels like the stork is going to drop him off in the hospital to meet us!

Some cool little things about being 27 weeks:
• Third Trimester!
• He's dreaming now :) I wonder what he could be dreaming about.
• He's 2.5 pounds and 17 inches long!!! Getting ready to pack on the chub!
• He's finally opening his eyes and starting to blink!
• Uterus is the size of a basketball! (and still not near big enough for the baby!)
• Baby wakes me up at night when he wakes up.
• My fingers and toes have a new size-swollen! (ciao to wedding ring for 3 more months :(
• Hello, sciatica! Baby's been sitting on my sciatic nerve for a good little while!
• HICCUPS! no joke, I can feel hiccups at least every day. They last for a few minutes until he can start relaxing again.
26 Weeks!
Here's a picture of me last week for all the family out there who hasn't been on facebook! I was 26 weeks in this picture. (trust me, a week can make a difference in how big this belly is)

I'm so lucky to have an awesome hubby who will pour me a glass of water when I'm finally comfortable on the couch and realize I'm thirsty. :) He's taken me to get ice cream, milk shakes, and plenty of dinners to make my tummy and this little guy satisfied. I've gained about 22 pounds and I am freaking out a little! It's hard watching the number on the scale go up and up and still knowing it's only going to go up for 2-3 months! Nic has been my rock, getting me through my crazy hormonal and emotional days. Haha, and there's been a fair share. :)

We went to a concert last night!! We saw Diamond Rio, a country band from the 80-90's. They're still making awesome songs today. Nic and I love country music and we love how diamond Rio played a wide variety from bluegrass to 70's classic rock (with a twang ;) and of course, their own classics. Our little guy seemed to like it too, he was kicking the whole time they were playing. :) There's so many great songs and I thought I should just attach one of my favorites to let you all know what they're like.






2 comments:

  1. You look so great Heather!! Its getting so close even though it might not feel that way for you. I can't wait to meet our little nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW! Heady, you are too cute! I love it and I hope everything continues to go well.

    ReplyDelete