Thursday, September 27, 2012

10 Fast Weeks!

There hasn't been a month that's ever gone faster than the past 2. Little Porter is our favorite buddy! :) He makes us smile all the time. We are smitten. Sooo in love.

Porter's skills this month:

SMILING! Our little man can smile, HUGE! He'll look at us sometimes like he wants to smile but he's waiting for us to give him a reason to. It just melts my heart. His favorite times to smile are after his nap, after he eats, after his bath, and when we take the time to stop and really talk to him. 

He loves to be talked to-and especially loves talking back. He'll babble with us, almost like he's trying to carry on a conversation. It's so fun. 

His other fun thing is opening up his eyes, not just regular, but HUGE. He'll open them up nice and big to look at everything around him. If Nic and I roll our tongues and make a high-pitched noise, he'll open his eyes super wide and flail his arms everywhere and then frantically look around the room to see where the noise came from. We could just laugh with Porter all day long.

He's sleeping well and eating like a champ. He was in the 90th percentile for both height and weight. We have a monster baby! Haha he's growing so fast and we love to watch it happen around us every day.

Now for other news!

We're in the 3rd week of classes and let's just say we're both already for it to be over! We get closer and closer to graduating every day. Nic's taking too many hard classes to handle-physics, calculus II, computer science, the list goes on and on. I'm taking online courses and one on campus. I am so lucky that my major is mostly available online for me if I need it. I'm now a Marriage and Family Relations major. I have been looking at going into counseling. Maybe an elementary school, social work? I just really want to work by interacting with people all the time. Who knows, but let's just say, I love learning about marriages and families and how they work. Not only how they simply work but how to make them better. I can only hope that I'll take the things that I learn to heart and apply it to my own life every day. 

Nic's playing on two flag football teams this semester and he loves it so far. It's fun to get Porter all bundled up and snuggle with him while we watch Nic play. Nic and I are going to join an ultimate frisbee team together so that'll be lots of fun. :)

We're getting excited for the fall! October is around the corner which means, halloween, then thanksgiving, and then before you know it, christmas! I love it all. The smells, the joy, the laughter. It's soo my favorite season! (Even though it means Rexburg is about to reach below zero) I was just telling Nic though that although the season can be sooo cold, it still somehow is the warmest. It's the warmest season to me because all of my memories are cuddled up next to a fire, drinking hot chocolate, wearing warm sweaters, being with my little family, and just doing service and being kind to others. There's no other season like it, and I think I'm just a littttlllleee excited! :)

Picture Overload, A necessity when you have a baby and a cute hubby :)


Leaving for Nic's Game


The second shirt Nic's gone through...

Biggg Yawn! On our trip to Salt Lake.


After all that hard tummy time, he just wants to sleep. Right where he's at!

Nic has these exact same dimples!

Porter and his friend Paisley who I watch for a little bit some days.



 


1 comment:

  1. So cute Heady! He looks just like Nic! That's incredible, almost an exact replica! I hope when you have girl she looks just like you with your almond shaped eyes! thanks for sharing! xoxo

    ReplyDelete